Custom CRM: Types and Benefits for Your Business
<p>Stop using spreadsheets for customer management! Custom-made CRM systems do most of the work for you. Learn how you can increase your sales too.</p>
Custom CRM systems enhance the flow of any business that uses them. They automate mundane tasks, improve customer retention, and provide you with analytics to better understand your clients and their needs. What’s most important, however, is that it is made with your specific needs and requirements in mind.
What is a CRM
A customer relations management (CRM) solution is a system that helps businesses track, log, maintain, and interact with customers. While anything that fulfills this function can be considered a CRM system, be it an Excel spreadsheet or a paper notebook, in this article we will focus on a specific type of software.
CRM includes a centralized database with all the information about your client that you can possibly need. By providing you with an organized and comprehensive structure you may spend your time selling instead of filling in the blank cells of a Google sheet. In fact, the data shows a 41% increase in revenue among businesses that adopted a customer relations management solution.
Who Needs Custom CRM Development
Every single company and organization is not like the others. Each has a certain set of business processes. It’s not a surprise that many successful businesses have elected to go with a custom CRM. While there are some solid options available, there simply is no one-size-fits-all solution.
Some factors are indicators that you may need a custom CRM:
- contacts are unorganized
- customer activity is not tracked
- need for scalable solutions
- a large number of manual tasks in the sales department
- not enough data about the clients for analysis purposes
- too many spreadsheets, not enough sales
- customer motivations aren’t clear
- poor communication between departments
- requirements and preferences of the clients are specific but aren’t tracked
- the sales team doesn’t have enough data
- lacking customer retention and loyalty
- no long term strategy
Types of CRM Software
This type of customer relations management system helps you handle more tangible sales-oriented operations. Their functionality predominantly includes the collection of data into a single database. This makes many routine tasks run quicker and smoother. It allows you to easily automate different elements of the marketing process.
The benefits of this type are the following:
- Contact management - all of the contact information is easy to access. Be it emails, phone numbers, or anything else The data is always only a couple of clicks away. The new information is automatically added into a database whenever a customer enters it on your platform, which saves you time that if you were to enter it manually.
- Lead scoring - allows you to see which of your potential clients are more likely to buy your products or use your services. Different priorities help focus your attention and find different approaches. For example, automated messages may be enough for some, but others require personalized ones.
- Sales team automation - according to the priorities from the previous benefit, you can assign different tasks to the members of your sales team automatically. This streamlines the process of task delegation.
- Marketing automation - this can come as integration with email automation systems or any other similar tools. Potential clients can be immediately placed into the marketing funnels based on a variety of attributes. They range from the company size, the position they occupy, interests or previous interactions.
The job of this CRM type is, as the name suggests, the analysis of the customer data. It gathers that information from different sources and provides you with an assessment according to the parameters you set up. It helps to structure your workflow and adjust it in order to better suit the needs of your customers.
The benefits of this type are the following:
- Data mining - collecting the information about your clients into a central database allows you to easily analyze it. The system will make all of the calculations for you and present you with relevant statistics. The analysis can take into account factors such as age, location, how often they use your services, and much more. Using them will allow you to find different approaches to different clients.
- Cross-sell and upsell opportunities - the system collects the history of purchases and product usage. Having this information handy will make it easy to see the patterns your customers follow. Knowing these patterns enables you to offer the right products and services at the right time to maximize the chance of a sale.
- Buyer persona building - with an entire database of clients the buyer persona is essentially already there. Personalization is the key to successful marketing and adjusting your tactics according to real buyer personas helps you do exactly that.
- Sales forecasting - another way that having a history of all transactions helps. The patterns are there not only for the individual customers but also for the performance during a certain month or a season.
- Attribution - details the number of touchpoints a person had before becoming a customer. That way you can clearly see what has initially piqued their interest and what was the final deciding factor. This serves as an indication of what works and what deserves more attention and configuration.
These CRM systems help different departments cooperate with each other in order to improve customer experience. It provides features such as interaction and channel management. Overall it helps with the internal data exchange just as much as it does with customer relations.
The benefits of this type are the following:
- Interaction management - all interactions from the sale down to a simple email are logged and can be accessed at a later date. This can hold pages of valuable info. It can aid you in determining what people want via feedback, the messages they leave in your communities on social media, and so on. If you want to dig deeper, you can see what language they use, how casual or professional they are, which further helps you understand and adapt to their demands.
- Relationship management - keeps track of any information about the client. For example, it tracks their preferences or motivation for every new addition. This allows you to personalize every interaction, which improves customer experience and aids you in their conversion or subsequent sales.
- Document management - pretty self-explanatory, manages the documents across all departments and makes sure they are always consistent, organized, and up-to-date.
Custom CRM Features and Benefits
Now that you are aware of the three types of this software and the benefits of each, there is still one question. What exactly are the reasons to get a custom CRM instead of a more established product? There are plenty of extra bonuses.
Custom made for the needs of your organization
The most crucial point is that it’s yours. You can customize it however you want, suggest additional features, and even request a specific user interface. This is impossible for the ready-made software. It doesn't matter if you do business though an online eCommerce solution or via brick and mortar storefront. The project is made with your requirements in mind and tailored to suit your industry.
Security and privacy
In the vast majority of cases, the customer information is extremely sensitive. Security, in this case, is paramount. As a result, many develop custom systems since that approach guarantees better safety from fraud and data leaks. The data won’t leave your database.
Scalability and Flexibility
You can scale up your CRM without any need to interfere with the infrastructure of the software. Where the paid options may require extra pay for each new employee of your growing business, it’s not an issue for a custom system.
None of your competitors have access to your tailor-made service. You can safely integrate trade secrets into your CRM, develop business strategies, and stay ahead of the curve. You don’t want to stay behind.
Integration With Your Workflow
You don’t need to spend extra funds on the integration of a purchased CRM. The custom one is developed with your infrastructure in mind. That way you can get it up and running as soon as possible.
Better Customer Retention
This indicator is something that every company strives for. According to Cloudswave, customer retention is proven to grow 27% when organizations adopt CRM. That way it increases the return on investment, making this worthwhile.
Streamlined Data Analytics
You get comprehensive dashboards and reports that you can customize however you want. This improves the efficiency and the flow of this process. You get all of the relevant business information whenever and wherever you need it.
Custom CRM development is a practice that brings customizable systems that help businesses save money and optimize their workflow. This allows you to maximize the benefits of available systems while also being tailor-made exactly for your business.